July 16, 2012
Pimp My Read is your chance to win one of four fantastic e-readers, as well as best-selling, super-sexy, fun contemporary romances by authors Ruthie Knox, Sarah Mayberry, Shannon Stacey, and Molly O’Keefe. This week, we four authors bedeck ourselves in (virtual) feathers and gold chains, climb on top of our Pimp Caddies, and sing the praises of e-readers and digital books at four fantastic romance review sites: Smart Bitches, Trashy Books, Smexybooks, Dear Author, and The Season for Romance. At every site, one of us is giving away an e-reader, as well as prizes for runners-up. If you’ve been on the fence about which e-reader to get, or even why you would get one—or if you love your e-reader to bits and are dying to convert a friend or family member to the digital side—this is the contest you’ve been waiting for!
The winner of each e-reader and two runners-up at each site will also receive Exclusively Yours, Undeniably Yours, and Yours to Keep by Shannon Stacey, Her Best Worst Mistake and Within Reach by Sarah Mayberry, About Last Night and Ride With Me by Ruthie Knox, and Can’t Buy Me Love by Molly O’Keefe.
Molly O’Keefe Enters the Technological Age: A Love Story
I have a phone that is almost always out of battery. Or, in the moments I need it most, I’ve left it at home. I tell people to call me on my cell phone and then, without thinking, I turn it off. All of this is to say – I have no love of technology (or apparently talking on the phone). So, when e-readers entered the publishing world, I was uninterested. I love books. The way they smell. even the way my favorites have fallen apart. E-readers were for other people.
But, here’s the thing – I live in a city, which you think would mean it would be easy to get books. But I don’t drive. So, unless the book was at my grocery store or drug store, I couldn’t find it. Weekend trips with the family to the bookstore were (and still are) a regular occurrence. But as a reading addict (I’m sure you can relate) there were times I wanted a book NOW! E-readers feed that addiction. The ability to get the book you want, when you went it, almost IMMEDIATELY – holy cats! It’s mind-blowing. We’re all addicts, right? It’s like living in a bookstore!
Do they replace the experience of reading a paper book? No. Does buying on-line replace the experience of going to a bookstore? Not even close. Do I spend a lot more money, going to a bookstore and buying on-line? Unequivocally, yes. Is it worth it? Without a doubt.
If you’re holding out because you love reading and can’t imagine changing the experience, you’ll never have a better chance to give it a try, or better books with which to step into the digital age. Give it a try and perhaps you’ll have your own technological love story.
How To Enter
To enter, leave a comment explaining either (a) why you want to win this e-reader for yourself or (b) why you want to win it for someone else. Please include your e-mail address in the appropriate comment field so we have a way of contacting you if you win. Your e-mail address will not be visible to the general commenting public.
The Fine Print
1. Feel free to increase your chances of winning by entering once at each of the four sites! But please, only one entry per site. Deliberate multiple comments on any individual e-reader giveaway post will get you disqualified.
2. The contest opens on each site when the post goes live and closes at 11:59 p.m. EST on Friday, July 20.
3. Ruthie, Sarah, Shannon, and Molly will choose the winners from among the comments on the site where each posts. Feel free to entertain us or tug at our heartstrings — we’ll pick the winners whose comments most effectively sway us!
4. No purchase necessary. You must be 18 years of age or older to enter.
5. This contest is open internationally. The e-readers on offer will work in many, but not all, countries. Please be aware that geographical restrictions may affect your ability to use/enjoy your prize.